Red Potato Leaf Brandywine Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) Indeterminate
This gorgeous Amish heirloom, named for the Brandywine River in Pennsylvania, dates back to the late 1880s. Expect high yields of 10-16oz. beefsteak tomatoes, rich in flavor with a ruby red color from this special potato-leaved variety.
- 25 seeds minimum
- Germination: 7-14 days
- Maturity: 80-90 days from transplant
- Start indoors 6 weeks before the last frost. Plant 1/4" deep in seed starting mix. Requires soil temperatures of 75-85F to germinate. Heating mat is recommended. Keep moist.
- Harden off and transplant in full sun when all danger of frost has passed. Bury deep, planting the entire stem leaving only top leaves above ground.
- Space plants 2-3' apart; space rows 3-4' apart.
- Plants require cages or staking.