Blue Flax (Linum perenne)
This striking springtime perennial boasts vivid blue blossoms that bloom atop 12-24” tall stems. The sturdy and sun-loving Blue Flax tolerates summer heat, poor soil, and even drought conditions. Easy to grow.
- Direct sow in early spring when soil is cool for best results.
- Young seedings are amazingly frost tolerant when past 2 leave stage.
- Allow 21-30 days for germination.
- Mature height up to 12-24 inches. Plant in full sun.
- Seeds need light to germinate, so gently press into soil and do not cover. Keep evenly moist.
- Thin plants to 6-10 inches apart.