Mexican Hat - Red Midget (Ratibida columnifera)
This fast-growing perennial’s deep mahogany-and-gold petals fold gracefully away from tall centers, creating the silhouette of a miniature sombrero. The drought-tolerant Mexican Hat can thrive in most soils, making it ideal for difficult growing spots. Attracts pollinators.
- Minimum of 100 seeds per packet.
- If starting indoors, cold stratify for 7-10 days. Allow 10-30 days for germination.
- If direct seeding, sow very early in spring, keep evenly moist.
- Mature height up to 24 inches.
- Plant in full sun. Plant seeds 1/ 8inch deep.
- Thin plants to 18 inches apart.