Mexican Hat - Red Midget (Ratibida columnifera)
Thriving on most any soil type, this fast-growing perennial offers up showy deep chestnut and mahogany petals that gracefully fold away from the tall center. The flower's silhouette gives the impression of a mini sombrero. Thrifty water requirements and the ability to grow in hot dry conditions help make this low-maintenance beauty the prefect choice in difficult to grow areas.
- Minimum of 100 seeds per packet.
- If starting indoors, cold stratify for 7-10 days. Allow 10-30 days for germination.
- If direct seeding, sow very early in spring, keep evenly moist.
- Mature height up to 24 inches.
- Plant in full sun. Plant seeds 1/ 8inch deep.
- Thin plants to 18 inches apart.