Marshamallow (Althaea officinalis)
One of the oldest and most versatile medicinal herbs, this heirloom is easy to grow from seed. With pale petals surrounding bright purple centers that sit atop tall green stalks, marshmallow makes an elegant addition to any border garden.
- Minimum of 50 seeds per packet.
- Allow 21-28 days for germination. Seed should be cold stratified for 3-4 weeks before sowing in the spring.
- Mature height up to 48 inches.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade. Plant seeds 1/8 inch deep.
- Keep evenly moist. Thin plants to 12-18 inches apart.