American Legion Poppy (Papaver rhoeas)
Known by many names, including Flanders poppy and Remembrance poppy, this heirloom is the stately flower that graces the battle cemeteries of American solders across Europe. A beautiful flower that will always be associated with the sacrifices of war. The deep red flowers with their dark centers will add beauty and a touch of history to your garden.
- Minimum of 100 seeds per packet.
- Allow 14-21 days for germination.
- A taller variety growing up to 26 inches.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.Plant seeds 1/16th of an inch deep, lightly covered.
- Keep evenly moist. Space plants 6-8 inches apart.
- Cold stratify the seed before planting.