American Legion Poppy (Papaver rhoeas)
Also known as a Flanders or Remembrance poppy, this stately heirloom honors American soldiers who died in World War I. Its deep red petals and ebony centers add a touch of beauty and history to any garden. Easy to grow.
- Minimum of 400 seeds per packet.
- Allow 14-21 days for germination.
- A taller variety growing up to 26 inches.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.Plant seeds 1/16th of an inch deep, lightly covered.
- Keep evenly moist. Space plants 6-8 inches apart.
- Cold stratify the seed before planting.