Organic Chesnok Red Garlic Bulbs (Allium sativum) - 1 lb
This beautiful, red striped heirloom from the southern Republic of Georgia has a bright raw flavor of medium intensity that sweetens when roasted or sautéed. Chesnok Red thrives in every region and stores extremely well. Fall delivery.
- Separate the cloves from the bulb
- Plant into a furrow about 3" deep
- Plant each clove pointy side up and root side down
- Plant each clove at least 6" apart
- Bury the cloves with 1" of soil
- Apply 3-6 inches of mulch over the garlic
- Approx. 6-8 bulbs per pound; garlic is sold by weight not bulb count
- One pound plants approximately 15-20 linear feet at 6" spacing
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I’ve been planting this variety for years. It consistently performs well, has tasty scapes, great flavor, easy to peel, and stores well for us, around 7 months. We live in MI, zone 5/6 and plant as late as November.. mulch it, and feed in spring.
Very happy with this garlic! Grew very well, nice large heads, and stored well.