For a limited time, this mini collection of pest deterring flowers and herbs is a great way to add a few companion flowers and herbs. Maybe your garden is small or you just don't need a lot of them, this collection contains 5 different herbs and flowers of our choice from the Bugs Be Gone Collection.
The ultimate collection for deterring bad bugs and attracting good ones. When Mother Earth News asked their readers about companion planing, the main suggestions were to plant lots of herbs and flowers. The most diverse gardens did the best at controlling pests naturally. So plant away. Fill your garden with delicious herbs and beautiful flowers, and watch it thrive!
- Basil, Genovese - to repel mosquitos and deter potato beetles
- Borage - to repel tomato hornworms and deter squash bugs
- Calendula, Pacific Beauty - to deter cabbage moths and aphids
- Chives - to deter aphids and Japanese beetles
- Cilantro - to attract hoverflies
- Dill, Bouquet - helps cabbage family and attracts beneficial insects
- French Breakfast Radish - to deter cabbage beetles
- Marigold, African Crackerjack - to repel cabbage moths, potato beetles and squash bugs
- Marigold, Sparky Mix - because you can't get enough marigolds in your garden, and these cuties are fun!
- Nasturtium, Jewel Mix - to repel aphids, potato bugs and squash bugs, but also to attract a lot of bugs away from your other vegetables
- Oregano - to deter a wide variety of insects
- Parsley, Flat Leaf - to attract hoverflies
- Rosemary - to repel bean beetles, cabbage moths and carrot flies
- Sage - to deter cabbage moths and carrot flies
- Sunflower, Autumn Beauty - to attract bug eating birds
- Sunflower, Lemon Queen - because sunflowers are beautiful and fun
- Thyme - to deter cabbage moths
- Zinnia, PomPon Cut and Come Again - to attract Japanese beetles away from your beans