1/2 pound. Also known as German White, German Extra Hardy is an easy-to-peal garlic can be stored for up to six mouths and is an excellent choice for roasting. A porcelain-type hardneck variety, this vigorous producer that can withstand long cold winters thanks to its long roots. Bulbs grow 2" or more in diameter with 4-6 strongly-flavored cloves.
- Separate the cloves from the bulb
- Plant into a furrow about 3" deep
- Plant each clove pointy side up and root side down
- Plant each clove at least 6" apart
- Bury the cloves with 1" of soil
- Apply 3-6 inches of mulch over the garlic