Butterfly Milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa)
A member of the milkweed family, Monarch butterflies will flock to the vibrant orange blooms all summer long. Honeybees, bumble bees and even beneficial wasps will also benefit from the prodigious nectar offerings. This tough plant is drought tolerant, does well in light soils and is deer resistant. It loves hot weather and full sun.
- Minimum of 50 seeds per packet.
- Allow 14-28 days for germination.
- Mature height up to 28 inches.
- Plant in full sun. Best when sown indoors at least 8-10 weeks before planting outside.
- Plant seeds 1/4 inch deep. Keep evenly moist.
- Thin plants to 12-18 inches apart.
- Caution: Sap is toxic.